Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

10 day nail art challenge Part Deux!

Erica's Nails and More's 10 Day Nail Art Challenge flew by!!!  Here are the remaining entries I submitted:

DayFive-Gradients:

I LOVE doing gradients, I do them all the time and I always get tons of compliments on them.  This was done using the paint directly onto the make-up sponge method.  I started with a base coat of Avon nailwear pro in Jade (2 coats) then I painted rows of Avon Jade, Daphne by Julep and Walk on Air by essence onto the sponge and lightly dabbed.  I repeated the process on each nail twice.  Then I topped it all off with NYC Starry Silver Glitter.

 
Day Six-dotticures:

The polishes used for this dotticure are:

Pink-Island Girl's Big Island Magic-its a gorgeous bubble gum pink
Brown-Jessica's Glamorous Gladiator-a medium brown with fine micro gold glitter (a perfect shade for fall)
White-Julep's Kate-my "go to" white shade.


  Day Seven-Flowers:

I used a dotting tool for the flowers, base color is NYC Times Square Tangerine Creme, yellow petals are Joe Fresh in Butter, the center is Jessica Glamorous Gladiator and I sponged Wet n wild Hallucination on the tips for some sparkle.

 Day Eight-Galaxy Nails:

The base is Finger Paints Where Art Renoir?, sponged with Color Club Take Me to Your Chateau and China Glaze Desert Sun. A dotting tool was used with white polish for 'close up' stars, and China Glaze Fairy Dust was strategically placed randomly for the millions of stars in our universe.  


Day Nine-French Tip Variant:

For this french tip variant I decided to honor my Husbands love for the New England Patriots.  I started with a base coat of just base coat and then sponged the tips.  Blue is done with China Glaze Dorothy Who? and then along the very tip I used Cult Nails Living Water.  The red is done with NYC Broadway Burgundy Frost and along the very tip is China Glaze Lubu Heels.  The white accent nail is Julep's Kate (of course) and the awesome glitter is Lacquer Conventions Mondrian. I then topped it all off with China Glaze Fairy Dust.  I know this is sort if in between a gradient and a french tip variant but I wanted to do something non-traditional.

 Day Ten-Recreate your favorite:

All good things must come to an end I suppose.  I decided to re-try a french tip variant for my last submission as I wasn't 100% happy with my original entry.  The polishes I used for this mani are Loreal's French Tip White (I thought it was appropriate), Julep's Daisy and Leah, and essence Walk on Air and Ultimate pink.  This was my first time doing a paint drip manicure.  I hope you like it! 


Erica is having a contest for Day 10 entries, and the one who gets the most votes will win a prize. Voting will start tomorrow, Tuesday September 25 and will be open until this coming Friday September 28th at 11:59PM EST.  The link to vote for my entry is HERE.  I hope you all will help me win!!  

I will most likely re-post the link in a fresh blog post and on my face book page daily.

Do you like entering Nail Art Challenges?  Erica will be hosting another one which I will post about as soon as I have the information.  She did a wonderful job hosting this one... I can't wait to see what she has in store for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment