Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First nail art Challenge Entries!

I have been MIA as of late... working 2 jobs and having the need to change my nails so often really takes a lot of time!  Below are my entries for Erica's Nails and more 10 day nail art challenge.  This is the criteria:





Day 1-Favorite Color 

...is sadly Black but my second is pinky/purple, so this is Quo by Orly Purple Daydream, and wet n wild black creme stamped over Julep's Kate.
 

Day 2-Favorite Animal

...is my dog Jersey, she's a reverse brindle boxer, however, I do not have the skills to create her on my nails so I have chosen my favorite animal print.  This was done with Arabella's Raspberry ice (its a brand a local salon uses and its great)-a rust shimmer, the white is Julep's Kate, and the leopard spots were done with Cult Nails Nevermore and Raspberry Ice. 


 Day 3-Favorite Season...

is the Christmas season, and in my house it runs from the 3rd week in November until the first week of January.  My color theme is red, white and silver...this manicure represents that and the stamped star looks just like my tree topper.  The Red polish is a local Hawaiian brand that I picked up in Honolulu last year called Island Girl and the name is Old Lahaina, and the shimmery/silvery white is CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer's Snow Angels in Central Park (I needed 4 coats for this color to be opaque. I also added a red rhinestone in the center of the star.


And Today is Day 4-Saran Wrap

This was done with Julep's Leah as a base, 2 coats for opaqueness and then CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer in Subway to Wall Street, a concrete grey creme color, was brushed on and a scrunched up ball of saran wrap was used in a dabbing method to remove some of the grey so the green shows through.  I love how it looks marbelized (yup, that's a new word I just created :)


 This really has been very fun so far... Everyday I look forward to heading over to Erica's blog to check out all the entries!  Head over there by clicking here, let me know what manicures you like and perhaps are inspired by to try on your own nails!


2 comments:

  1. So glad you have been able to keep up with the Challenge Jodi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of them...especially the saran one!

    ReplyDelete