Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Finally... a Manicure Post!!!

Morning fellow nail junkies!!

What better way to shake off the Monday Blah's than with a polish that brings back memories of riding your bike to the store with your friends, a dollar burning a hole in your pocket, just knowing all the candy you will be able to purchase with that buck!  I think I just totally aged myself .... but who cares...I'm old! There I said it :)

Now onto the nail mail I received a couple weeks ago which will help explain what I just described.....

 I have become a Indie polish stalker.  I wait on facebook for announcements of restocks and then I pounce!  When Chelsea from Pretty and Polished restocked her shop on etsy (you can shop for her goodies HERE) I just knew these 3 beauties would be mine....



The one I am referring to today is Jawbreaker!  It truly looks like those delicious jawbreakers we ate as kids!  Do they even still sell them?

This is one coat over Julep's Kate.   I think Jawbreaker would be opaque on its own after 3 coats, but I wanted to conserve as much as I could!



I forgot to take a pic of the second coat the day of the manicure, but I remembered before I removed the manicure.  So this is what it looks like with 2 coats.. excuse the wear on the tips...




Putting the second coat on masked some of the brighter glitters and gave it more of a muted chalky look which contributed to the jawbreaker feel of this polish.

I can't wait to try the other polishes!

If you haven't had a chance to check out Pretty & Polished yet, do so!  She does not have Jawbreaker in stock at the moment, but you can also follow her on facebook for updates on when she will be doing her next shop restock, click HERE for her FB page. Plus she is coming out with a pretty amazing Halloween line!

I really need to start using my actual camera rather than my iPhone... these pics are definitely not the greatest!

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I am fairly new to the "Indie Movement" but love everything that I have so far :) I have some 365 Days of Color, Elixir Lacquers and Girly Bits. I have put myself on a "no online buy" for the next little while, have to get myself under control ;) I will be checking out Pretty & Polished when I am off my no buy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am now on a no buy, that is exactly why I steered clear of Sally's this weekend :) There still are some more pretty & polished I need to acquire...but I must pace myself :)

      Delete